Wednesday 24 August 2011

My Top 10 Game trailers, teasers and Intros






A good game introduction or teaser (in a lot of cases) usually sets the tone for a game, or an upcoming title still in progress. I love intros and teasers. They tend to give you a good feel for what to expect story and gameplay wise. Although CG teasers are not an accurate representation of what to expect from the gameplay, they are still vital for the immersion and entertainment factor. 

With that in mind, I present to you my Top 10 game trailers, teasers and intros (CG & Gameplay included). They are not ranked in order of preference, however the number 1 game intro on the list clearly deserves that spot. It is still my best game intro, and I'm yet to come across another than can topple it. I've watched it that many times, I know every sound effect and dialogue down to the Japanese Pronunciations (and each time I do watch it, it still has the same "wow" effect on me) I believe "EPIC" is the word . . . .




1) Onimusha 3: Demon Siege Intro (PS2): My undisputed number 1 game intro of all time. This was enough to make me purchase the game (even though Samanusoke Akechi was incapable of performing those moves in real time). An excellent intro by a CG team known as 'Robot'. 




2) White Knight Chronicles (Cinematic Trailer) (PS3): I never paid attention WKC until I saw this particular cinematic trailer. There was a certain climax to the trailer and this was augmented by the fantastic soundtrack. Brilliant stuff. 





3) Lost Odyssey TGS Trailer 2006 (XBOX 360): A few years back (when I was still undecided as to what console to purchase), I remember being so compelled by this trailer, I almost bought an XBOX 360 Just to play the game. Bear in mind I suck at RPG's.



4) Ninja Gaiden TGS 2003 trailer (XBOX): A trailer from my favourite action adventure game. Enough said :)




5) Rockstar Games Presents: Table Tennis (trailer) (XBOX 360): A short trailer of a game I usually wouldn't give much attention to. It was a well produced trailer with a catchy soundtrack to accompany it. 



6) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Trailer (PS3, XBOX 360): A brilliant trailer from Konami's action adventure game.



7)  God of war 3 official teaser trailer (PS3): What can I say ? A fantastic mouth watering trailer composed entirely of in-game graphics and assets. The EPIC God Killing Son of a B*tch Kratos did it again. 




8) Tekken 5 Intro (PS2): Another very good intro.






9) Virtua Fighter 4 intro (PS2): Watching this brings back sweet memories :) I shed a tear :(





10) Shenmue trailer (DreamCast)
: SEGA, please bring this game back, A remake of Shenmue 1&2 and Shenmue 3 will bring the gaming industry to its knees.





Bonus Trailers/intro's that didn't make the Top 10 but are still worth mentioning:

11) Killzone 2 intro (PS3): A well produced solid intro.




12) Fahrenheit intro (PS2, XBOX, PC)




13) Resident Evil 4 trailer (PS2, Game Cube):






14) Virtua Fighter 5 AOU Final Showdown (Arcade): SEGA, we still have faith in you :)





What are your thoughts ? I'd love to know what game trailers and intro's got your mouths watering. Feel free to comment/suggest. 


Many Thanks
Shadow Master

No comments:

Post a Comment